Trap is a gag track available once a toon commences the Toontasks in Minnie's Melodyland. It has perfect accuracy and can only target one cog, with the exception of its level 7 gag. Most importantly, Trap gags must be deployed before the cogs are lured for the Trap gag to function.
The Trap track allows toons to deploy gags in front of cogs; once deployed, the cog or cogs must be lured using a Lure gag. Once lured, it is guaranteed the cog will take damage, considering Trap gags have perfect accuracy. However, if a cog is already lured before placing a Trap gag, the cog cannot be trapped.
If two or more Trap gags are deployed in front of the same cog, the gags will "cancel" each other out and will render a waste. As an added bonus, unlike other gag tracks, only a few Trap gags can be carried; presumably, the reason for this is that Trap gags are either too powerful, have perfect accuracy, or must be lured using a Lure gag.
- Trap is the most powerful gag track.
- When working with another toon who has Lure gags, they can work together by deploying a Trap gag followed by a Lure gag all in one round.
- They have perfect accuracy, meaning they will always hit and never miss as long as the Lure affects the Cog successfully.
- Traps are first in line amongst all attack gags. As long as an associated Lure hits, the Trap will trigger before any other attack gags can take effect.
- Unlike other gag tracks, toons cannot carry as many Trap gags in their pouch.
- When working alone, a Trap gag must first be deployed; therefore, the toon must risk taking damage from the cogs before using Lure gags.
- Lure gags have low accuracy, making it difficult to lure the cogs into the trap (this can be mitigated by using organic Lure gags, which have medium accuracy—on top of the accuracy bonus provided by the Trap's presence).
- If two or more traps are laid for one cog, all traps cancel each other out.
- Trapped cogs must be lured in order to gain skill points for the Trap track.
- Trap gags are the first attack gags to take effect when cogs are successfully lured onto them. This negates any possibility of a Lure bonus for Throw or Squirt and opens the opportunity for those gags to miss. Poor use of Trap can spoil what would have been a cog-ending attack by other players using Throw or Squirt.
|Gag||Image||Damage||Affects||Carry Capacity||Next Level|
|Banana Peel||10||12||11-13||One Cog||5-20||20|
|Railroad||195||195||214||All Cogs||1||500 to Go!|
This is a chart that lists all Trap gags and whether they benefit (capable of defeating in one single hit) or do nothing to cogs of the same level or stronger. Under "Organic Damage," the normal damage is applied, considering the gag is organic and thus has been boosted to the stronger damage.
|Gag||Normal damage||Organic damage|
|Banana Peel||Capable of defeating level 2 cogs when maxed.||Capable of defeating level 2 cogs if the normal damage deals 11 or more.|
|Rake||Capable of defeating level 3 cogs when maxed.||Capable of defeating level 3 cogs if the normal damage deals 19 or more.|
|Marbles||Capable of defeating level 4 cogs.|
|Quicksand||Capable of defeating level 5 cogs.|
|Trapdoor||Capable of defeating level 6 cogs.||Capable of defeating level 7 cogs if the normal damage deals 66 or more.|
|TNT||Capable of defeating level 11 cogs when maxed.|
|Railroad||Capable of defeating level 11 cogs.||Capable of defeating level 12 cogs.|
|A gag with merged cells indicates the same thing as if the gag was organic or not.|
|Toon||Type||Role||Value||Capable of defeating|
|Clerk Will||Vice President||-50 health points to cogs||★★★||Level 5 cogs|
|Clerk Penny||Vice President||-70 health points to cogs||★★★★||Level 6 cogs|
|Clerk Clara||Vice President||-180 health points to cogs||★★★★★||Level 11 cogs|
|Clerk Ray||Vice President||Restocks Trap gags to all toons||★★★||--|
These are currently all the trading cards for Trap gags.
- Unlike other SOS toons, those obtained from defeating the Vice President, the Trap SOS toons, excluding the toon who restocks gags, do not use level 6 gags. Instead, they use Trapdoors, which is a level 5 gag.
- Two Trap gags are displayed in Toon Hall, with those being the Banana Peel and the TNT.
- Unlike the Vice President rewards, there are no Trap field office SOS toons.
- Every Trap SOS toon is a gag shop clerk.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "These are the only gags guaranteed to hit -- as long as you can lure a Cog into them." . Toontown.com.
- ↑ "You can't set a trap on a Cog that has already been lured, so make sure the trap has been set first!" Official Toontown Player's Guide. Toontown.com.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Advanced Toons: Only use the Train Track gag if no other trap has been set otherwise both will be canceled out." Official Toontown Player's Guide. Toontown.com.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Because they are so powerful, you can't carry as many Trap gags as you can other types of gags." Official Toontown Player's Guide. Toontown.com.
|Toon-Up||Feather • Megaphone • Lipstick • Bamboo Cane • Pixie Dust • Juggling Balls • High Dive|
|Trap||Banana Peel • Rake • Marbles • Quicksand • Trapdoor • TNT • Railroad|
|Lure||$1 Bill (Cog Catcher) • Small Magnet (Magnet) • $5 Bill • Big Magnet • $10 Bill • Hypno Goggles • Presentation|
|Sound||Bike Horn • Whistle • Bugle • Aoogah • Elephant Trunk • Foghorn • Opera Singer|
|Throw||Cupcake • Fruit Pie Slice • Cream Pie Slice • Whole Fruit Pie • Whole Cream Pie • Birthday Cake • Wedding Cake|
|Squirt||Squirting Flower • Glass of Water • Squirt Gun • Seltzer Bottle • Fire Hose • Storm Cloud • Geyser|
|Drop||Flower Pot • Sandbag • Anvil • Big Weight • Safe • Grand Piano • Toontanic|
|Level||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7|
|Accuracy||Low • Medium • High • Perfect|
|Affects||One toon • All toons • One cog • All cogs|